[Public WebGL] Minefield brings system to halt

Hi,

we've got problems with some of our X3DOM examples with Firefox Beta/ Minefield for a while right now. For example, shadows stopped working (see http://x3dom.org/x3dom/example/x3dom_shadows.xhtml) without any error message, as well as cube maps/ multi-textures, which in Firefox Beta only leads to a "been bound to a different target" (compare http://www.x3dom.org/x3dom/example/x3dom_composedShader.xhtml).
However, in Chrome Beta and Chromium everything works as expected.

But besides this, I've just updated to the latest Minefield to check if these issues still exist, but there almost none of the X3DOM examples worked. Instead I got some strange error messages about VBOs called with wrong sizes etc. And suddenly, while I was wondering what's going on, my computer stopped working and I had to boot it again. I suspect the problem has something to do with this new Direct3D stuff which according to the error console seems to be used now instead of native OpenGL.
For information: my machine runs Windows 7 32-bit with a GeForce 8800 GTX (and the same graphics driver etc. for months now).

Any help or fix appreciated
Yvonne

--
Yvonne Jung
Fraunhofer-IGD    | Tel.: ++49-6151-155-290