Re: [Public WebGL] Some WebGL Demos

Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:
> Some friends and co-workers have been working on some WebGL demos.
>
> They are available here
>
> http://webglsamples.googlecode.com/
>
> They should work in any WebGL enabled browser.
>
> I know a couple of the demos don't work or have issues in Minefield
> 4.0b6 as of 9/13 and Firefox 4.0b5. I'd love some help in tracking
> down what those issues are if anyone who is better at debugging in
> beta Minefield/Firefox has any free time to help.
The only one that doesn't work in last nights Minefield build on my
(ancient) 64 bit Linux box is "Collectibles" which comes up with the
background texture - and *tons* of JavaScript and CSS warnings in the
"Tools/Error Console" display...mostly due to jquery issues.

The first hard error is in the call to 'createShader' - but it's hard to
tell what's wrong because the code is compressed/obfuscated.  It looks
like it's failing to get a shader parameter after linking a
shader...then deciding that this is an error and crashing when it tries
to delete the shader.  Probably means that the shader didn't load for
some reason.

  -- Steve