[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Public WebGL] texture/renderbuffer deletion behavior when they are bound to non-bound framebuffer
- To: public webgl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Public WebGL] texture/renderbuffer deletion behavior when they are bound to non-bound framebuffer
- From: "Mo, Zhenyao" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:45:50 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=yCFmILcHALindH02j7VOKQDgkx1/0QF86D+cGFoy+HU=; b=O+H5d77sEg6zf3MTEDKcA1086dxPsvwRnVDuXWaeqezQVMWSZzNUO6vhV5IS7jcuGp UtIVu5/lE0PqMeyDwgK5BhJTBiKDjPMqxSPWP0aY2jSx2t2AyEgH2Uib99zRrY3VA0u/ REv7mGu0lnyxQ1UiOcwQTKXvrnH1IDvHrvXXc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=cQnQ2puRU6ColXMyibKFcZF6VTebin80+0yMfVVzQCzS/qcqg81ug999P/R9ANte3f 9mnflxEnXre+SLXDVqLqlfjoP/rNdDYJKAlRtAi5g6qJJd+uHun/lMKfzEXrXftT5l4y M3ooBtV1vBDrLa9w2z1zH8vFxu4XcMAgWD3Mc=
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
According to GLES2 spec, if a texture/renderbuffer object is bound to
the currently-bound framebuffer and it's deleted, it is first
detached. However, if the framebuffer is not currently bound, then it
"is specifically NOT detached ... Detaching ... is the responsibility
of the application."
This sounds to me like a security issue where crash could happen. I
suggest to make it stronger for WebGL spec that no matter the
framebuffer is bound or not, when one of its attachment is deleted, we
always detach first.
You are currently subscribed to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the following command in the body of your email: