Re: [Public WebGL] The Newly Expanded Color Space Issue

Chris Marrin wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2010, at 10:19 AM, Steve Baker wrote:
>

>> I think we have to take this one teeny-tiny step at a time.   First, let
>> us establish once and for all what color space GLSL shaders operate in.
>>

> Let me give a much simpler answer than I think you're looking for. I can say with complete and utter certitude that a GLSL shader can operate in any color space it chooses to operate in. I could make my shader work in a CIE 1976 (L*, a*, b*) color space if I so chose. And as long as I did the appropriate conversions on output, everything would would be correct to within the precision limits of the system. It might be exceedingly difficult, and maybe even impossible to do with complete mathematical accuracy. But it is the beauty of shaders that they allow you to do virtually anything.

That's is PRECISELY why I want someone to answer those three questions
rather than just shooting more long emails at each other.

So please - I beg of you - if you believe what you just wrote then
please answer my three questions, simply and directly and with actual
code examples.   I don't think you can do that...I don't think anyone
can...and that means that I firmly believe that what you just wrote is
100% incorrect.   So - please, please, pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top,
if you believe that what you just wrote is true - then you can easily
answer my three simple, practical programming questions and thereby
silence my complaints once and for all.

That's the only way this situation can be clearly resolved.

  -- Steve