Re: [Public WebGL] Could not initialise shaders in Chromium

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
 On 07/09/2010 17:19, Thatcher Ulrich wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
>> Should that be --use-gl=desktop? If seems rather inconsistent to have
>> --enable-webgl and -use-gl. For long option names -- is supposed to be the
>> standard.
>>
>> Chrome silently ignores obviously crap options (e.g. --crap) and there seems
>> no way to get it to print a list of valid options. --help and -h are ignored
>> too. Chrome just starts up in all of these cases.
> +1 that's annoying.
>
> Here's a source file with switches:
> http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/src/chrome/common/chrome_switches.cc
>
> -T

Thanks for the pointer. However "use-gl" does not appear in that file.

That specific flag is here:

http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/src/app/app_switches.cc

Also, just to clarify, --use-gl=desktop does not bypass shader validation.  The --use-gl flag is there to allow switching between the ANGLE (default option, or =egl) and desktop GL (=desktop) backends.  The desktop GL backend is WebGL compliant and validates code and shaders before passing them down to the drivers. Prior to some time last week we failed to bundle with the chromium installer a .dll that was necessary for ANGLE to work and that's why --use-gl=desktop was necessary.  That issue is now fixed.

Vangelis

Regards

   -Mark