[Public WebGL] Multiple viewports/contexts

Hi

We are experimenting with UI designs for our application, and one option involves multiple 3D views of the same scene.
Although it would be the same scene the views will probably use different projections and shading passes.

Does anyone have any view as to whether it would be best to create a separate webgl context for each view? Or would it be best to use multiple viewports for the same context?

By 'best' I'm really referring to performance. The basic logic would be something like:

create context and define viewports OR create multiple contexts

for (view in views) {
    select viewport OR context
    define rendering state for the current view
    draw view
}

Thanks in advance

Alan Chaney