 On 07/09/2010 11:15, Cedric Vivier wrote:
> I'm not really fond of a WebGL-specific toggle flag, and especially an
> unpack toggle flag, it looks "out of place" IMHO. Also it seems that
> this kind of toggle parameter has been deliberately avoided when
> developing the OpenGL sRGB extension ([1] and [2])

Putting a flag in unpack state implies a conversion takes place on
implementation can apply the conversion as it is reading texels or at
texture load time.

> >From an API perspective, would it be reasonable to rather support
> EXT_texture_sRGB - or at least a subset of it -  and allow to just
> specify GL_SRGB8 as tex*Image2D format arguments when one wants the
> input image data color-corrected ?
There is the issue of how the application finds out the color space of
the input img tag so it can correctly specify the format when calling
Tex*Image2D.

But I think this a much better approach than a parameter to unpack.

Regards

    -Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow