Re: [Public WebGL] Could not initialise shaders in Chromium

On Sep 6, 2010, at 2:46 PM, M.Sirin wrote:

> Hi Gregg!
> Cool, it works with --enable-webgl -use-gl=desktop ! Why wasn't I able
> to find that command on the internet?
> I was just seeing --enable-webgl. Thank you!

You really shouldn't use that flag. From what I understand it turns off shader validation which is why you were getting the error. Your shader is most likely valid for desktop GL, but not for GLES. We need to get all content GLES compatible, which is why all 3 browsers (WebKit, Chrome and Firefox) have turned on shader validation. Try to understand the error in your shader and fix it. It is most likely a simple cast.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com