Re: [Public WebGL] Added security section to typed array spec

On Sep 6, 2010, at 1:45 PM, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

> Looks fine (though I'd move it either down or up in the contents, as opposed to in between ArrayBuffer and ArrayBufferView), but I'm not sure if it's needed.  Unlike WebGL, where we have to explicitly clear things that aren't being cleared by the underlying GL implementation, this feels like adding a section to specify that javascript Array must not contain random junk when created with Array(10); it should just be a given.

I think the biggest reason it's needed is simply because there will be those who will say, "how do Typed Arrays deal with security" and this will give them a concise answer. Plus it gives you a single place to put the info that covers both ArrayBuffer and the views themselves.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com