On 2010-09-05 16:31, Chris Marrin wrote:
1) What color space is the WebGL canvas?

As I said, I agree that the drawing buffer should be considered to be linear. This implies that the drawing buffer will have to be color corrected when composited with the rest of the HTML page. This also implies that, when using a WebGL canvas as the source image for a 2D Canvas drawImage() operation, it has to be color corrected into sRGB space, since that's what 2D Canvas expects.

WebGL, just like 2d canvas, does not really have it's own canvas. It is simply a context which renders onto the canvas (and it's the same canvas for all contexts). There is no specific 'WebGL canvas', just the canvas and the WebGL context.

We can say that the canvas must use linear rgb internally when a WebGL context is being used, but that will also mean that you need the 2d context to handle a linear canvas to do multiple context (2d and webgl at the same time).

I agree we have to specify which color space to use and linear seems like the best choice, but I think we should be very clear about this as it will affect other specs in some way.

//Tim