Re: [Public WebGL] Proposed change to WebGL Event definition

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

> I've revised the event section (5.14). Please review.

Sorry for not realizing this before, but the "NOT_AVAILABLE" status
code seems pretty useless, because if the web browser is so old that
it doesn't support WebGL, then it definitely won't support delivery of
the webglcontextcreationerror event.

If you buy that argument, then the only two status codes are
NOT_SUPPORTED and OTHER_ERROR, and I'd argue that nobody is going to
take programmatic action based on one or the other. Therefore we could
perhaps dump the status codes completely and just leave the status
message.

-Ken