Re: [Public WebGL] Re: WebGL spec modifications for D3D

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Daniel Koch <daniel@transgaming.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> We've discussed this further with Google off-list and believe that best way
> forward is to leave the invariance language from GLSL ES in WebGL as
> suggested.  OpenGL implementations will be able to use it as normal and
> ANGLE will rely on the invariance guarantees that are provided by D3D9 and
> HLSL.  We'll continue to investigate what invariance guarantees are
> available in D3D9 and what we may be able to do should any applications
> which demonstrate invariance issues on ANGLE arise.

Based on these discussions, I've removed the section from the spec
which stated that the invariant keyword is ignored in WebGL. If this
should have been done differently (for example relaxing the language
in the spec rather than removing it entirely) please post.

-Ken