Re: [Public WebGL] Re: WebGL spec modifications for D3D

Having slept on it, I wonder if there is another way.  I believe that
the following three statements are all true:

* The nVidia Cg compiler is open-sourced:
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_compiler_code.html
* The Cg compiler can also compile GLSL.
* D3D accepts 'machine code' shader programs as an alternative to HLSL
and Cg.

If so, could we not take the OpenSourced nVidia compiler, turn on the
GLSL option and produce a back-end to allow it to generate D3D shader
machine code?

It's probably a stretch - and one or more of my assumptions might be
incorrect - but wouldn't that allow us to run fully compliant GLSL
shaders under D3D with all the wonders of invariance?   ANGLE must be
doing something of the sort to convert GLSL for D3D already.

  -- Steve.