Re: [Public WebGL] Re: WebGL spec modifications for D3D

Fully agree with both Steves

On 07/10/2010 03:35 AM, stephen white wrote:
On 10/07/2010, at 11:28 AM, Steve Baker wrote:
coordinates. This is so critical that I'd MUCH prefer that we simply
not support hardware that doesn't have a viable GLSL implementation than
to screw up the most vital algorithm in all modern 3D engines for the

I agree with this statement, very much so. The ANGLE approach is interesting, however this may be the fly in the ointment that kills it.

It would be better for ANGLE to have its problems with invariants (and the customer has an "install OpenGL driver" option), than for everything to have problems.

+1  on this.

I also strongly agree with Steve Baker in that if some implementations do support invariance and some don't it should be testable within at least WebGL and ideally in a shader.

Regards

Alan

--
   steve@adam.com.au