Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL Extensions

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 01:34, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:
> I'm asking because I'm interested in using ÂGL_ARB_occlusion_query.
>>
>> I first thought the Quake 2 demo was using extensions:
>> http://playwebgl.com:8080/GwtQuake.html
>>
>> But then I realized it was probably just listing ones available. Can anyone give me some thoughts on this?
>
> There will be no extensions available in WebGL in the first release.

Chris, has something been decided in F2F with regards to the strings
returned by getString(GL_EXTENSIONS) and similar calls ?
(iirc this issue was present in the agenda)

Currently WebKit returns the list of native GL extensions, which might
be confusing to web developers who might then assume that they could
be used in WebGL as well without a WebGL version of the extension
specification (as it seems was implied by Andor's question wrt
ARB_occlusion_query).

Regards,