Re: [Public WebGL] Extension mechanism

Steve
Steve Baker wrote:
Alan Chaney wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to look to find out how to define extensions
for WebGL?

I'm thinking that writing a vector math library as an extension might
be a subtle place for me to start. If someone knows of such an
extension which is O/S maybe they could point me at it.
The extension mechanism (in OpenGL at least) is generally for graphics
extensions that expose hardware features in specific graphics cards.  A
general vector math library isn't the kind of thing that would
ordinarily be considered a part of the an OpenGL implementation - and
I'd expect that philosophy to carry through to WebGL also.  I think it
would be a mistake to regard the WebGL extension mechanism as a general
means for adding functionality to JavaScript.

Yes, my mistake. I'm now looking into NSAPI plugins.

Regards

Alan