Re: [Public WebGL] Chromium/Firefox handling of FloatArray

----- "Alan Chaney" <alan@mechnicality.com> wrote:
This code works fine on Chromium 6.0.408.1.dev (which claims to be up to
date) but fails on Firefox 3.7a5pre.
The Error console says: "$wnd.FloatArray is not a constructor."

Since the code is based on the current WebGL spec + the TypedArray spec
I assume that Chromium is getting it right? Or
what am I doing wrong?
Hmm, whoops -- these are called Float32Array and Float64Array in Firefox, but it looks like I missed updating those names in the original Typed Array draft spec.  I believe that you can temporarily use WebGLFloatArray and have things work in both.

I need to check with Ken and others if there's any strong preference for naming here -- the Float -> Float32, Double -> Float64 change happened based on feedback that it's more consistent with Int8/Uint8 etc., and that it makes it more natural to extend to Float128 and possibly Float16 in the future.

    - Vlad