Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL performance...seems like I have no hardware acceleration?!?

Jonatan Wallmander wrote:
> A dream scenario would be great to have some kind of dev platform in
> the meantime - some kind of
> nightly build that is at least performing and working well even if it
> compromises
> some design goals - for us end users to tinker with. It'd be worth a
> lot for webGL having
> good content when the implementations are stable. Just a thought.
Well, that would be cool - but I guess if I had a choice, I'd prefer
that the browser/webgl folks were hammering on getting the final
solution fast and solid rather than spending time on
temporary/intermediate hacks for my benefit.

Right now, I can mentally subtract the ~5Mpixel/sec compositing overhead
from my frame times and/or run in a smaller window to test
interactivity.  So long as I can be confident that this will 'go away'
before the mainstream Chrome & Firefox browsers hit the streets - I can
do my part with the browsers I have today.

  -- Steve