Re: [Public WebGL] DOMException

----- "Kenneth Russell" <kbr@google.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Alan Chaney <alan@mechnicality.com> wrote:
> This implies a guarantee that if a call to WebGL function fails because of
> an underlying state issue (for example, if you try to use a program which
> hasn't been linked) then any subsequent WebGL calls will always return
> without updating the error state? Is this a fair assumption?

No. There are conceptually multiple bits (one per type of error) in
the error state, and they are set independently. See the second
paragraph of http://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/docs/man/glGetError.xml
.
I don't think it's one per type of error, I think it's multiple errors -- for example, maybe having one error per tile in a tile based renderer or similar.  We did however decide that this was incredibly confusing, but we couldn't figure out how to get around it as it's what the OpenGL ES spec states (desktop OpenGL has no such "multiple flags" language).  I'd be interested to know if any ES implementations actually do keep multiple error flags around.

    - Vlad