[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL performance...seems like I have no hardware acceleration?!?
- To: Steve Baker <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL performance...seems like I have no hardware acceleration?!?
- From: Cedric Vivier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:37:16 +0800
- Cc: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:sender:received :in-reply-to:references:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=Gaa8y5ROzcC1dh0AtNlupoNv3SzTVXwYKkBHmTLGQ+Y=; b=mwWZUlef0fwsViPgbjuH/I87Q74gpS1hMSG5ApjRKBl4aaNva8SxfliUIorQa+LVd0 kUB6pO6jgoey2RwOjB7ALtHh07UPhI5a2RpyBpu27xgfSBV8FzJ8N0d0qfiuqvwx9G7H w5Ei0nF7Tud95SJAid89VYKvYHxK/IUsTxUo8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; b=P6knhpnlVZRvJm63Qy8YFxvD3wrLipJ7TK0P5kApGOeoF1PDVzZKb7UeKPGggT6YlP lpM+8J8dh5ZElybkdIZAlHyjykZQkjotbg2lt9uObq2q896TvwB0KwljdDV5fEd2QOp4 XqCSFdZMjNKiju+Avq08f3LjJZx6giBI9EmS0=
- In-reply-to: <4BFDD677.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <4BFDD677.email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:18, Steve Baker <email@example.com>
So it looks like we're either not running with hardware acceleration -
or there is some kind of software operation on the raster going on
that's crippling the frame rate.
Your results are surprising, are you sure Firefox is using hardware acceleration on your setup ?
I'm running the latest daily builds of
FireFox "minefield" - and I've double-checked that I have software
rendering disabled in the 'about:config' system. I'm running Linux on
one machine, WinXP on another and Windows-7 on a third - and getting
pretty consistent results on all three machines.
There is an ongoing refactoring of the rendering code in Firefox, this might impact you if some of this has been pushed to Minefield daily builds (?)
Maybe you should try running WebGL with latest Chromium to check if you get same results or not.