Re: [Public WebGL] Move flipY and asPremultipliedAlpha parameters out of DOM helpers

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 06:07, Gregg Tavares <gman@google.com> wrote:
> Bascially, readPixels should change to
>
> ÂÂ void readPixels(GLint x, GLint y, GLsizei width, GLsizei height, GLenum
> format, GLenum type, ArrayBufferView destinationBuffer)
>
> With the restrictions that whatever width, height and the various state
> settings of pixelStore define will be enforced by WebGL. In other words, if
> destinationBuffer is not big enough to handle the request then
> INVALID_OPERATION is generated.

Yes! I've also suggested this some time ago in your thread "Spec
comments" (which went surprisingly quiet though it raised interesting
issues).
One more advantage discussed of changing to the signature above is
that we get the same behavior as in GL and ES : "when an error is
generated, no change is made to the contents of data".

Regards,