On 2010-05-20 15:53, Cedric Vivier wrote:
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 21:32, Tim Johansson<timj@opera.com> wrote:
The same limitation applies to copyTexImage2D, but since that changes the
internal format it should only matter when the texture with automatic
internal format is bound as a framebuffer. I think that case would be solved
by fixing the binding to framebuffer issue in general.
Yeah fixing framebuffer attachment issue as above would also solve this afaic.

For copyTexImage2D I think so too, but it would not fix copyTexSubImage2D as copyTexSubImage2D can fail in some cases if the _target texture_ has too 'high' color format such as RGBA instead of RGB when copying from an RGB framebuffer.

If you create an FBO with a color attachment which is specified by the author to be RGB and then try to copy data from that to a texture which has 'automatic' format it will fail if the browser set the format of that texture to RGBA but not if it set it to RGB. In this case the texture with 'automatic' format is not used as a render target, the render target has a well specified format (RGB), so fixing the framebuffer attachment issue would not fix it.

//Tim