Re: [Public WebGL] Move flipY and asPremultipliedAlpha parameters out of DOM helpers

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 08:52, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Cedric Vivier <cedricv@neonux.com> wrote:
> Changes to texture parameters take effect immediately. There are no texture parameters which affect the behavior of later calls (for example to glTexImage2D) but whose changes are not otherwise seen.

Change to texture parameters *values* take effect immediately yes!
I strongly disagree that there is such a requirement for new values to
be acted upon immediately.

As a matter of fact I gave GL's GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP texture parameter
as example, which is defined as :

"""
GL_GENERATE_MIPMAP
Specifies a boolean value that indicates if all levels of a mipmap
array should be automatically updated when any modification to the
base level mipmap is done. The initial value is GL_FALSE.
"""

It is clear here that this parameter does _not_ take effect
immediately as it generates mipmaps automatically "**when** any
modification to the base level mipmap is done". "Modifications" here
imply tex(Sub)Image2D calls, this texture parameter is indeed a way to
avoid having to call glGenerateMipmaps after every modification.

Regards,