[Public WebGL] glGetUniform

Hi List,

Disclaimer : complete newbie here.

I have a question about glGetUniform.

>From section 5.14.10 "Uniforms and attributes":

any getUniform(WebGLProgram program, WebGLUniformLocation location)

In order to implement this, we need to be able to determine the base type of that variable (int or float). How to do this? The only GL function that I see returning that info is glGetActiveUniform, but it wants an 'index' parameter, not a 'location' parameter.

If this is not possible, should the spec be edited to have getUniformiv and getUniformfv functions like in OpenGL ES?

Cheers,
Benoit