On May 18, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Johannes Behr wrote:

>> ...In thinking about this some more, I agree with Cedric and Gregg that returning the actual format is not really necessary. If we're able to support gl.NONE (or some custom enum as Mark suggests) as an internalformat and it loads the image in the original source format, I think that satisfies the requirements of X3DOM. So I think we should eliminate getTexLevelParameter() and just add internalformat to texImage2D() and add an enum which allows us to add the image in the original format.
>
> The difference is, that we can not query anymore but must give the "internalFormat" with every texture. Correct ?

I don't think it's any different. You would always pass NO_CONVERSION (or whatever we end up calling it), which would use whatever was the input format. I think that would do the same thing that X3D does today. There's no additional X3D requirement to know what the format is, right?

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com