On 2010/05/17 16:10, Cedric Vivier wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 20:55, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
>
> This matters only if using literal 0 in code (as with any other
> literal used in place of an enum value).
> As Chris pointed out, 0 is appropriately enough the enum value of
> gl.NONE as well.
>
> It makes sense to define that if none internal format is specified the
> WebGL implementation will use the most appropriate internal format
> (e.g the most compatible format for given DOM element, RGB or RGBA
> depending if an alpha-channel is present).
>
> I would think 0/gl.NONE is a more appropriate shorthand to use as
> parameter of a convenience/helper method.

The parameter you are specifying is the internal format so gl.NONE
doesn't make logical sense to me. If people really don't want to create
a new token, gl.DONT_CARE makes more logical sense as a way of telling
the implementation to select the most appropriate format. However a new
token gl.SOURCE_FORMAT_WEBGL is much more clear and has the added
advantage of making it clear that this parameter value cannot be used in
standard GL.

Regards

    -Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
org:HI Corporation;Middleware Development
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660