----- "Kenneth Russell" <kbr@google.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

> I would feel comfortable doing that if the browser implementors agree that this is information we can get from the HTML image element.

WebKit would currently always return RGBA as the internal format, or
perhaps RGB if we could determine that the original image has no alpha
channel. We might be able to improve the precision of this query over
time. Does this sound acceptable and/or useful?
We would do the same for now.  Would be straightforward to improve in the future.

    - Vlad