On 2010/05/14 21:03, Kenneth Russell wrote:

> If we define a new constant then we have to start worrying about
> collisions with OpenGL ES 2.0 constants. Currently WebGL does not add
> any constants to the namespace.
>
> 0 represents a default value or binding in many other places in the API.

Collisiions are easy to avoid. WebGL can request a block of enums from
the OpenGL ES registry.

I can:t think of anywhere that 0 represents a default enum value. 0 is
always the name of the default object but object names are already
integers so it is a natural choice. In this case I think a SOURCE_FORMAT
enum is a much better choice.

Regards

    -Mark
begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
org:HI Corporation;Middleware Development
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660