Re: [Public WebGL] Typed Arrays in W3C Specifications | Fwd: Updates to File API

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:

Thanks to the WebGL WG for introducing better binary data metaphors to the web :-)

+1, as the kids say.

As I mentioned to Vlad off-list, I started noodling with Typed Arrays when some prototyping work I was doing involved some binary data parsing in JS completely unrelated to WebGL. I converted my code from using in-place manipulation of the binary data to using anÂ"as close as possible" implementationÂof the Typed Array draftÂinÂES3/ES5Âand I've been very happy with the API.