Re: [Public WebGL] Typed Arrays in W3C Specifications | Fwd: Updates to File API

Blob isn't actually that (we can apparently blame Google Gears for that name :-) -- it's more like a generic Resource with an associated type, with a File being a specific kind of Resource/Blob that also has a filename, creation date, etc.

    - Vlad

----- "Chris Marrin" <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

If Blob does end up just being a buffer of data (perhaps with some attached metadata) do we even need ArrayBuffer? Why can the TypedArrays just use a Blob as their data storage?