Re: [Public WebGL] Fwd: Re: Adoption of the Typed Array Specification

On 5/14/10 7:40 AM, Chris Marrin wrote:
On May 13, 2010, at 5:00 PM, Arun Ranganathan wrote:

We're getting feedback on TypedArrays from other listservs. This is good; the conversation about Typed Arrays may be best served outside of Khronos as well :)
As I mentioned in Gregg's thread, I have misgivings about moving TypedArrays through TC-39. It makes us fully dependent on ECMAScript, which is unlike any other W3C spec. It may be better to move it through W3C instead.

Sure; either way, I've "forced" the issue (with *both* W3C-ish circles, and ECMA-ish circles), trundling through the standards undergrowth like a warthog :-)

FYI, where this eventually lives hopefully shouldn't impede implementation. I'd sooner see meaningful discussion about the actual API, rather than housekeeping discussions about where it lives.

-- A*