----- "Kenneth Russell" <kbr@google.com> wrote:
Vlad, if we make this spec change, how soon could Firefox implement
it? Unfortunately nearly all WebGL content is going to break with this
change. It'll be better if we upgrade all of the browsers at the same
time.

Pretty quickly, I think -- what I was suggesting on the call was that we have a few weeks' grace period, if it's not too painful to do so.  During that period we'd support both the old and the new versions of the method, with the old one logging a message to the browser's error console, and perhaps doing a sleep(10) on the first use (or something else equally nagging, such as an alert with a message)... that way we don't break content right away, but we tell people that it will break very soon.  Maybe there's no need, but that would I think resolve the silent content breakage that would otherwise happen.

    - Vlad