Re: [Public WebGL] Demos fail on my system

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Baffo 32 <baffo32@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Gregg Tavares <gman@google.com> wrote:
>>> This is going to sound like a stupid question so please don't get upset.
>>>
>>> I made this mistake once so I just want to double check.
>>>
>>> Can you pick Wrench Menu->About Google Chrome and make sure you're actually
>>> running 46798?
>>
>> I did get a bit version-confused trying to upgrade, but ended up
>> uninstalling my previous version and then checking in the wrench menu
>> for each new one.  I am indeed running 46847 (verified as you
>> describe) right now, and the demos are failing.
>
> In Chromium, is there a difference in behavior if you use
> "--enable-webgl --in-process-webgl" instead of just "--enable-webgl"?
> Note that the in-process flag is strongly discouraged for general use,
> but is still in place for debugging purposes.
>
> -Ken

Yes!  Adding "--in-process-webgl" causes all the demos to render.
However, for each fixed demo, only a rectangle in the lower-left
corner is rendered.  See: http://i43.tinypic.com/2dcj09y.png

Additionally, the first time I open a webgl demo in any given tab now,
windows xp quickly attempts to access all attached drives.  This pops
up error dialogs because I have unmounted cell phones connected.  The
tab displays nothing but white until I close all the dialogs, after
which it displays the demo.