Re: [Public WebGL] ctx.uniform1f with a bool uniform

On May 4, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Gregg Tavares wrote:

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Patrick Baggett <baggett.patrick@gmail.com> wrote:
Let's start off with the error. 0x502 = GL_INVALID_OPERATION.

Looking at the man pages for glUniform( ), I see a lot of different reason that can't apply to your situation (e.g. specifying integer for float values, using > 1 count for scalar, etc.), except this one: "GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if there is no current program object."
I didn't see glUseProgram( ), so that is the problem. And I guess it makes sense, you could potentially have tens of programs, which call should glUniform( ) affect if it isn't a parameter to the function call?

Thanks for that. Color me embarrassed.

So, adding glUseProgram makes it pass on the 2 macbooks but it still fails on the Windows7 NVidia Quadro FX 380.

So I still have to decide what to do in our WebGL implementation. Require perfect drivers or work around the bug in various drivers.

Yay for web development -- you have to work around driver bugs in the WebGL implementation

--Oliver