[Public WebGL] String constructors for arrays?

I was reading Ilmari's post here -- http://fhtr.blogspot.com/2009/12/3d-models-and-parsing-binary-data-with.html -- and thought that it might be interesting to supporting constructors on the WebGL array types that take a string as input data. The 8-bit types would take only the low 8 bits of each character value, and for completeness the 32-bit types could sign-extend to 32 bits. This would make it much easier to work with data read from the net until we have better native support for interacting with truly binary data, because dealing with it in string form is pretty common. Feature creep or useful?

    - Vlad