[Public WebGL] WebGL Draft Specification Released

We're delighted to announce that we've posted a draft version of the WebGL specification[1] to the newly minted khronos.org/webgl [2] website. I've also blogged about the release on hacks.mozilla.org [3]. The release of the draft specification[1], and the creation of this listserv, along with the Wiki [4] and the WebGL Forum [5] gives us a way to interact with the web community, which I think is *crucial* to taking this specification from draft status to final status.

WebGL is in nightly builds of most major browsers -- Firefox, Safari, and Chrome -- with Opera as an active participant in the working group. Current implementations (still in beta) give developers a low-level 3D API in JavaScript, and we've already seen the emergence of some really compelling content on the web. We can't wait to hear from developers, and to see what they'll do with WebGL!

-- A*
[1] Draft Spec: https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/doc/spec/WebGL-spec.html
[2] WebGL web site: http://webgl.org/
[3] Article on hacks: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/12/webgl-draft-released-today/