Heterogeneous parallel computing in HTML5 web browsers
WebCL Resources and Participation
The Khronos Group open process to engage the web community
- WebCL 1.0 Specification
- User Contributions
- WebCL Public Forums
- WebCL Public Mailing List and Public Mailing List Archives
- Show all WebCL related bugs
- Report a WebCL related bug
The Khronos Group welcomes new members to define and drive WebCL
WebCL – Parallel Computing for the Web
Khronos launching new WebCL initiative
- First announced in March 2011
- API definition already underway
- Security is top priority
- Many use cases
- Physics engines to complement WebGL
- Image and video editing in browser
- Stay close to the OpenCL standard
- Maximum flexibility
- Foundation for higher-level middleware
Q: Does WebCL require an expensive, high-end GPU?
Q: Does WebCL make Facebook run faster on my browser?
A: No. It has no effect on pages that don't use it.