OpenVG Adoption and Conformance Testing
Two Ways You May Use OpenVG:
Implementation & Adoption/Conformance Testing
There are two ways which an individual or company can make use of the OpenVG specifications:
- Implementers - may create and deliver a product using the publicly released specifications, but not claim it is OpenVG "compliant" or if it is a software or hardware engine, they cannot advertise it using OpenVG logos or trademarks. The Implementor option carries no cost or license fees.
- Adoption/Conformance Testing - Adopters can download and run the conformance tests and if the implementation passes, they can advertise and promote the product as being compliant; using the OpenVG logos and trademarks under a royalty-free license.
OpenVG Adoption/Conformance Testing Benefits
- Access to the OpenVG 1.0 Conformance Tests source code.
- Participation in the OpenVG Adopters technical Mailing list. This is private priority channel for you to have two-way interaction with the OpenVG developers and can give feedback and offer modifications to the OpenVG and EGL specification, as well as give feedback on the conformance tests .
- For products that successfully pass the conformance tests, use of the OpenVG logo in printed marketing or packaging materials of the product, or use of the OpenVG logo in the actual software application startup screens
- Company listing on the Adopting Members with Conformant Products pages
- Adopters applications may be promoted on the Khronos web site
Application Forms and Pricing
For Adopters Program application forms, process description and pricing please visit the main Adopters page.
If you have questions about becoming an OpenVG Adopter, please send an email to finance at khronos.org