We believe the true usefulness of OpenMAX goes beyond the spec itself; it is an ecosystem of tools, documentation, and resources contributed by the community. You are encouraged to get involved!
Commercial and Open Source Implementations
- LIM Open source OpenMAX IL and AL implementation Open source implementation of OpenMAX Integration Layer and Application Layer. Implementation includes IL and AL interface library, audio/video IL components and sample test codes for both IL and AL.
- Bellagio open source OpenMAX IL sample implementation for Linux
Frameworks & Libraries
- OpenMAX IL conformant Nucleus Multimedia product by Mentor Graphics "Nucleus Multimedia Services" is an implementation of the OpenMAX IL standard for Nucleus Real Time OS. It ships with a fully functional library of standard components which allow common audio/video playback configurations.
Tutorials, Technical Whitepapers and How to Guides
- Bellagio OpenMAX IL component writers’ guide
- Integration of OpenMAX IL 1.0 components within the Symbian OS Media Device Framework (MDF)
- OpenMAX IL - Microsoft DirectShow Filter Integration
- Using OpenMAX Integration Layer with GStreamer
Presentations & Videos
- OpenMAX BOF presentation from Siggraph 2004 Neil Trevett - The OpenMAX BOF presentation from Siggraph offers a good overview of the purpose and architecture of the new OpenMAX API for acceleration of multimedia primitives
- OpenMAX 1.0 Introduction Brian Murray, Freescale Semiconductor - The OpenMAX presentation from Khronos Developer University 2005 offers an overview of the motivation, requirements and design of the OpenMAX 1.0 API.
- OpenMAX AL v1.0 overview of Application-level Multimedia API A slide-set providing a brief technical summary of the OpenMAX AL v1.0 specification and highlights its main architectural features