OpenMAX AL Adoption and Conformance Testing
Two Ways You May Use OpenMAX:
Implementation vs. Adoption/Conformance Testing
There are two ways which an individual or company can make use of the OpenMAX specifications:
- Implementers - may create and deliver a product using the publicly released specifications, but not claim it is OpenMAX "compliant" or if it is a software or hardware engine, they cannot advertise it using OpenMAX logos or trademarks. The Implementor option carries no cost or license fees.
- Adoption/Conformance Testing - Adopters can download and run the conformance tests (currently only OpenMAX AL) and if the implementation passes, they can advertise and promote the product as being compliant; using the OpenMAX logos and trademarks under a royalty-free license.
OpenMAX AL Adoption/Conformance Testing Benefits
- Access to the OpenMAX AL 1.0 Conformance Tests source code.
- Participation in the OpenMAX AL Adopters technical Mailing list. This is private priority channel for you to have two-way interaction with the OpenMAX AL developers and can give feedback and offer modifications to the OpenMAX AL specification, as well as give feedback on the conformance tests.
- For products that successfully pass the conformance tests, use of the OpenMAX logo in printed marketing or packaging materials of the product, or use of the OpenMAX logo in the actual software application startup screens
- Company listing on the Adopting Members with Conformant Products pages
- Adopter's applications may be promoted on the Khronos web site
Application Forms and Pricing
For Adopters Program application forms, process description and pricing please visit the main Adopters page.
If you have questions about becoming an OpenMAX AL Adopter, please send an email to finance at khronos.org