- support for decoding ETC2 and EAC formats in the absence of a hardware decoder.
- support for converting textures with legacy LUMINANCE, LUMINANCE_ALPHA, etc. formats to the equivalent R, RG, etc. format with an appropriate swizzle, when loading in OpenGL Core Profile contexts.
- ktxErrorString function to return a string corresponding to an error code.
- tests for ktxLoadTexture[FN] that run under OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenGL 3.3. The latter includes an EGL on WGL wrapper that makes porting apps between OpenGL ES and OpenGL easier on Windows.
- more texture formats to ktxLoadTexture[FN] and toktx tests.
- ktxLoadTexture[FMN] to discover the capabilities of the GL context at run time and load textures, or not, according to those capabilities.
- failure of ktxWriteKTXF to pad image rows to 4 bytes as required by the KTX format.
- ktxWriteKTXF exiting with KTX_FILE_WRITE_ERROR when attempting to write more than 1 byte of face-LOD padding.
Although there is only a very minor API change, the addition of ktxErrorString, the functional changes are large enough to justify bumping the major revision number.
Implemented ktxLoadTextureM. Fixed the following:
- Public Bugzilla 571: crash when null passed for pIsMipmapped.
- Public Bugzilla 572: memory leak when unpacking ETC textures.
- Public Bugzilla 573: potential crash when unpacking ETC textures with unused padding pixels.
- Public Bugzilla 576: various small fixes.
Thanks to Krystian Bigaj for the ktxLoadTextureM implementation and these fixes.