OpenGL ES Adopter Login
There are two ways which an individual or company can make use of the OpenGL ES specifications:
- Implementers - may create and deliver a product using the publicly released specifications, but not claim it is OpenGL ES "compliant" or if it is a software or hardware engine, they cannot advertise it using OpenGL ES logos or trademarks. The Implementor option carries no cost or license fees.
- Adoption/Conformance Testing - Adopters can download and run the conformance tests and if the implementaiton passes, they can advertise and promote the product as being compliant; using the OpenGL ES logos and trademarks under a royalty-free license.
OpenGL ES Adoption/Conformance Testing Benefits
- Access to the OpenGL ES Conformance Tests source code for all versions up to adopted version.
- Access to the OpenGL ES 1.0 Sample Implementation (Open Source Wrapper for Desktop OpenGL)
- Participation in the OpenGL ES Adopters technical Mailing list. This is private priority channel for you to have two-way interaction with the OpenGL ES developers and can give feedback and offer modifications to the OpenGL ES and EGL specification, as well as give feedback on the conformance tests .
- For products that successfully pass the conformance tests, use of the OpenGL ES logo in printed marketing or packaging materials of the product, or use of the OpenGL ES logo in the actual software application startup screens
- Company listing on the Adopting Members with Conformant Products pages
- Adopters applications may be promoted on the Khronos web site
Conformance Submissions for Multiple Versions
- The conformance tests for OpenGL ES 3.0 includes the conformance tests for OpenGL ES 2.0. A company that submits passing conformance tests for OpenGL ES 3.0 can promote their product as being OpenGL ES 2.0 conformant without submitting tests results for OpenGL ES 2.0.
- The conformance tests for OpenGL ES 3.1 includes the conformance tests for OpenGL ES 2.0 and for OpenGL ES 3.0. A company that submits passing conformance tests for OpenGL ES 3.1 can promote their product as being OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL ES 3.0 conformant without submitting tests results for OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL ES 3.0.
Application Forms and Pricing
For Adopters Program application forms, process description and pricing please visit the main Adopters page.
If you have questions about becoming an OpenGL ES Adopter, please send an email to finance at khronos.org