Related toolkits and APIs
Toolkits top on OpenGL
Many programming interfaces are layered on OpenGL with rich and varied functionality. Not all can interoperate.
A extension libraries simplifies the work with OpenGL extensions.
- A extension library for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Irix, and Solaris.
- A extension library for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD.
A scene graph works on the top of OpenGL.
- Open Scene Graph
- This scene graph works on all Windows platforms, OSX, GNU/Linux, IRIX, Solaris and FreeBSD.
- It's a scene graph which works on IRIX, Windows and Linux.
- A 3D game engine with python bindings.
- Game engine based on Open Scene Graph and ODE.
Toolkits to bridge OpenGL and the Window System
OpenGL knows nothing about the surrounding window system. You need widget toolkit to bridge OpenGL and the window system. The widget toolkit abstract the interface for connecting the windows system and OpenGL like WGL, GLX and AGL away. There are many toolkits for that task. Most modern widget libraries provide this support.
- A simple Toolkit.
- GLUT binary and source for Win32
- Nate Robins, precompiled and source for Win32
- A small widget library.
- A toolkit which abstracts the Linux, MacOS X and Windows away.