Articles with general OpenGL information.
- FAQ: frequently asked questions
- OpenGL Objects: The standard OpenGL object model.
- Creating an OpenGL Context
- Get Context Info: Getting Information From GL
- OpenGL and multithreading
- GL Error Codes
- Debugging Tools
- Common Mistakes
- Common Mistakes: Deprecated
- Legacy OpenGL: why it is better to use modern GL rather than legacy GL
These articles explain topics directly related to rendering graphics with OpenGL.
- Rendering Pipeline Overview
- Buffer Objects
- Vertex Specification
- Vertex Rendering
- OpenGL Shading Language aka GLSL.
- Drawing Lines over Polygons: Using glPolygonOffset.
The following sections are deprecated in version 3.0 and removed in 3.1 and above. You should not rely on this functionality going forward.
- Fixed Function Texture Binding: See GLSL sampler binding instead.
- Texture Combiners: See The OpenGL Shading Language instead.
- Vertex Arrays: See Buffer Object and Vertex Specification.
- Vertex Formats: See Vertex Array Object
- Shadow Mapping without shaders
- Vertex Transformation
- Selection mechanism
- VBO - more
- VBO - just examples
- Mathematics of glTexGen
- Viewing and Transformations : Answers about Transformations.