|Core in version||4.6|
|Core since version||4.0|
|Core ARB extension||ARB_shader_subroutine|
glGetActiveSubroutineUniformName: query the name of an active shader subroutine uniform
void glGetActiveSubroutineUniformName(GLuint program, GLenum shadertype, GLuint index, GLsizei bufsize, GLsizei *length, GLchar *name);
- Specifies the name of the program containing the subroutine.
- Specifies the shader stage from which to query for the subroutine parameter. shadertype must be one of GL_VERTEX_SHADER, GL_TESS_CONTROL_SHADER, GL_TESS_EVALUATION_SHADER, GL_GEOMETRY_SHADER, GL_FRAGMENT_SHADER, or GL_COMPUTE_SHADER.
- Specifies the index of the shader subroutine uniform.
- Specifies the size of the buffer whose address is given in name.
- Specifies the address of a variable into which is written the number of characters copied into name.
- Specifies the address of a buffer that will receive the name of the specified shader subroutine uniform.
glGetActiveSubroutineUniformName retrieves the name of an active shader subroutine uniform. program contains the name of the program containing the uniform. shadertype specifies the stage for which which the uniform location, given by index, is valid. index must be between zero and the value of GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORMS minus one for the shader stage.
The uniform name is returned as a null-terminated string in name. The actual number of characters written into name, excluding the null terminator is returned in length. If length is NULL, no length is returned. The maximum number of characters that may be written into name, including the null terminator, is specified by bufsize. The length of the longest subroutine uniform name in program and shadertype is given by the value of GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM_MAX_LENGTH, which can be queried with glGetProgramStage.
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if shadertype or pname is not one of the accepted values.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if index is greater than or equal to the value of GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINES.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if program is not the name of an existing program object.
glGetProgramStage with argument GL_ACTIVE_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORMS
glGetProgramInterface with the interface set to GL_VERTEX_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, GL_TESS_CONTROL_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, GL_TESS_EVALUATION_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, GL_GEOMETRY_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, GL_FRAGMENT_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, or GL_COMPUTE_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM as appropriate, and with GL_ACTIVE_RESOURCES
glGetProgramResourceIndex with the interface set to GL_VERTEX_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, GL_TESS_CONTROL_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, GL_TESS_EVALUATION_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, GL_GEOMETRY_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, GL_FRAGMENT_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM, or GL_COMPUTE_SUBROUTINE_UNIFORM as appropriate
Copyright © 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/.