Webinar Recap: WebGL 2.0, What You Need to Know
As mentioned on Phoronix, Google just announced GSoC 2017 Projects. Included in the list are several Khronos related projects:
• Software Renderer for Vulkan (Vulkan, SPIR-V)
• 3D Hardware Acceleration in Haiku (OpenGL)
• Cross Platform GUI for CCExtractor (OpenGL
• libosmscout: Implementation of an opengl renderer (OpenGL)
• OpenGL-accelerated Renderer for Cytoscape 3 (OpenGL)
• Improvement to WebGL core for p5.js (WebGL)
• WebGL improvements for p5.js (WebGL)
• Creating the fastest math libraries for Ruby by using the GPU through OpenCL and ArrayFire. (OpenCL)
• GPU Boolean Evaluation for CSG Ray-Tracing (OpenCL)
• HPXCL – Asynchronous Integration of CUDA and OpenCL to HPX (OpenCL)
• libxcam Enable a debluring feature with OpenCL Design (OpenCL)
• Speeding up functional network analysis on fMRI data with distributed, in-memory computation using Apache Spark (OpenCL)
The GPU Technology Conference (GTC2017) will be running from May 8-11 this year in San Jose Convention Center. This year will see many sessions related to Khronos Technology including OpenCL, OpenGL, OpenVX, Vulkan and WebGL. NVIDIA has just added more sessions to their schedule. Check a list of Khronos related sessions on the Khronos site, or visit the NVIDIA GTC site to see all sessions.
CreateJS introduces introduce StageGL, a feature-rich WebGL renderer for EaselJS. It removes restrictions, boosts performance, and adds filter support.
The GPU Technology Conference (GTC2017) will be running from May 8-11 this year in San Jose Convention Center. This year will see many sessions related to Khronos Technology including OpenCL, OpenGL, OpenVX, Vulkan and WebGL. Check a list of Khronos technology only sessions on the Khronos site, or visit the NVIDIA GTC site to see all sessions.
The Khronos Milano Chapter is thrilled to renew the collaboration with Autodesk for the upcoming Design Week in Milan, Italy - April 4-9. The Milano Chapter will be presenting a series of talks on the "Future of Making Things." Showing how companies are adopting 3D open standards as WebGL and glTF to deliver new solutions for the world of interior design, architecture and manufacturing.
Mozilla has submitted a proposal to the Khronos Group's WebGL Next Github proposal repository. From the README, "[Obsidian] is a low-level API that provides maximum feature set of the GPU to the web applications. The API is designed for WebAssembly, modern GPUs, and multi-threaded environment in mind." Read the complete proposal.
Come to Moscow and visit the second International Blend4Web Conference on May 6! Blend4Web is a tool for creating 3D Web applications using Blender and WebGL/HTML5. We would love to have you attend and for those who are interested to present your company and projects. Read more and register online.
Copyright ©2017 The Khronos Group Inc. All rights reserved.
Hosting provided by DigitalOcean