Khronos Group Mobile Multimedia News Conference
Main event page:
The Khronos Group is pleased to announce the next generation of mobile audio and multimedia API technologies. Several of the world's leading technology companies will be announcing their support of these new Khronos standards as well.
Included in this .zip file:
- Khronos Group Releases OpenMAX AL Specification for Application-level Video, Audio and Image Processing on Mobile and Handheld Devices
- Khronos Group Releases Provisional OpenMAX AL Digital TV Extension Specification
- Khronos Group Releases OpenSL ES 1.1 Specification For Stereo and 3D Audio on Any Mobile Platform and OS
- Khronos Logo and the Khronos Group API and Technology Logos.
- 5 presentations from the official Press Event:
- OpenMAX AL 1.1 An Open Standard API for Mobile Multimedia Applications - Dr. Yeshwant Muthusamy OpenMAX AL Chair
- OpenSL ES 1.1 Advanced Audio for Tomorrow's Mobile Devices - Erik Noreke : OpenSL ES Chair
- New Open Audio and Media Standards - Neil Trevett : Khronos Group President
- OpenSL ES 1.1 Facilitating SRS Labs' - Bob Lyle : SRS Labs, Inc.
- The Need for and Advantage of Using Standardized Multimedia APIs - Jon Peddie : Jon Peddie Research
- Khronos Group Background
- Khronos Group API Ecosystem
- Mobile Device Case Study
The Official OpenMAX AL DTV Feedback thread is available here.