Michael Wong, Chair of the SYCL Working Group, and Intel’s James Reinders offer their perspectives on these key questions about SYCL:
- Elephant 1: Aren’t GPUs enough? Do other accelerators really matter?
- Elephant 2: Why not just use Nvidia CUDA?
- Elephant 3: Why not just use AMD HIP?
- Elephant 4: Why not just use OpenCL?
- Elephant 5: Can’t we just use C++ ?
- Elephant 6: Can SYCL queues can make it into ISO C++?
- Elephant 7: Who is behind SYCL? Is it really Open in the true sense of the word?
- Elephant 8: I see a herd of elephants – why should I believe in SYCL?