<model-viewer> will now generate a USDZ on-the-fly when the user clicks the Enter AR button, and it will include any modifications done through the scene-graph API. Other features include:
- Updated the WebXR UX based on user feedback. Now the object is immediately placed, world-locked based on the last camera position from 3D mode, then when the floor is found, it is moved up or down to land on it
- Added two-finger rotation to the WebXR UX, allowing large models to be rotated when you cannot touch outside their bounding box
- Added an ar-tracking read-only attribute to indicate the state of ARCore world tracking in order to surface error messages
- Added an interpolation-decay attribute to control the speed of camera and target interpolation, see the modified example.
- Added CSS part to our default UI elements to allow them to be easily styled. This takes the place of most of our CSS custom properties, which have now been deprecated and will be removed when v2.0 comes.
- Added support for external renderers. This is an early-phase feature and the idea is to make it possible to control a cloud-based or non-glTF renderer with
‘s camera and annotation APIs