The Khronos Group made several major announcements at GDC 2017. Here is a quick review of what’s going on:
- Adoption Grows for Vulkan; New Features Released: Press Release
- OpenXR - Cross-Platform, Portable, Virtual Reality: Homepage - Blog
- Call for Participation in the New 3D Portability Exploratory Group: Homepage
- WebGL 2.0 Specification Finalized and Shipping – Work on Next Generation WebGL Underway!: Blog
- Final Call for Feedback on glTF™ 2.0: Blog
- Request for Quote - Blender glTF Exporter: More information
In addition to the news, Khronos has a booth at GDC with lots of demo’s going on, and will be updating the new @OpenXR and Flickr frequently.